Services for Schools
Leadership Search and Selection
Our success is in appointing outstanding Heads, Principals, Bursars, Directors of Education, Marketing and HR and other senior roles for leading independent and state schools throughout the UK and worldwide.
From our personal experiences of school and business leadership and management, we appreciate how critical it is to find the right person for the job.
Drawing upon our extensive network of contacts, our unrivalled, quality-assured candidate database, and our combined wealth of knowledge and experience of the education sector, we attract and appoint the very best candidates for these key roles.
Our search and selection services include complete design and management of the recruitment process, working closely in collaboration with our clients.
- Briefing to fully understand the organisation and the leadership role
- Design of recruitment process
- Preparation of Job Description, Person Specification and Candidate Pack
- Placement of advertisement
- Targeted search
- Response handling and application processing
- Management of selection process.
- Interview support and psychometric testing ( further information about Psychometric Profiling)
- Advice on contractual and legal issues
- Support with offer and negotiation
- Debriefing candidates
The breadth of experience within our team of Directors and Associates positions us perfectly to offer a very wide range of consultancy services. These services include, but are not restricted to:
- Facilitating strategic planning
- Assuring governance arrangements
- Conducting senior salary reviews
- Performance appraisals
- Leadership coaching and mentoring
- Leadership audit and review
- Policy reviews and updates
- CPD for senior level staff
- Mergers and acquisitions advice
- Marketing and Communications
AMC Multi-Academy Trusts
AMC brings a bespoke and quality approach to its work with Multi Academy Trusts.
With an increasing focus on the money spent having the greatest impact for pupils and the growth and retention of good staff, to build highly effective and efficient organisations, we bring our experience of assignments with for-profit and the charitable sector to ensure as full an appreciation of both the educational and financial context for MAT's.
With expertise from within the AMC team currently, we can offer a range of consultancy, as well as executive search for MAT appointments.
AMC's networks into both the maintained and independent sector, including internationally, enable exactly the right associate consultant to be identified for clients, extending the breadth of support, advice, mentoring and coaching available.
We can readily offer guidance and support packages to Trusts in support of their intention to appoint new executive leaders, providing information on salary levels for similar posts in other MAT's and advice on the type of contract that could be offered.
We can offer mentoring for new postholders, supporting their effective induction into the new post and enabling them and the MAT to be working together as effectively as possible.
Our consultants bring considerable experience of both working directly within MAT's, and as consultants, as well as governance roles, alongside the existing many years of AMC successful recruitment and consultancy with multi-school groups and in the international sector.
AMC New Schools
AMC New Schools provides a full advisory service for clients seeking to establish a new school including:
- a UK Free School
- conversion to new UK academy
- an International School
- acquisitions and mergers
AMC Leadership Plus
Our Leadership Plus service combines our search and selection services with leadership development to offer a holistic solution, ensuring that not only do you appoint the very best talent, but that you develop and support your leadership team to achieve the best possible outcomes.
AMC manages the new school development process from assignment brief to opening, including:
- stake-holder consultation
- visioning and strategic planning
- advice on premises and procurement
Schools Facing Closure
The New Start Programme is a range of support offered by Anthony Millard Consulting, specifically designed to help staff in schools facing closure or the need to reduce the number of staff. It is highly flexible, with several individual modules that can be tailored to your needs.
The Objectives of the Programme
- To provide teaching and non-teaching staff with the confidence to market their abilities in the highly competitive job market
- To give staff the skills to maximise their chances of securing the job they want
- To provide the School with an effective offering to their staff to help them make effective transitions, and have a positive impression of the school at a difficult time in their lives
Services for Candidates
Career Counselling and Advice
As experienced school and business leaders, and as executive recruiters, we have a clear understanding of what employers are looking for and how candidates can present themselves most effectively. Our personal, tailored advice helps aspiring leaders take the next step forward in their careers.
- CV evaluation and writing advice
- Interview techniques
- Coaching and mentoring
- Career planning reviews
Services for Families
AMC Families – services for students and parents
Our AMC Families division supports students who need advice about the next steps in their education, and parents who need support or advice in providing their children with the best education possible.
- Coaching and mentoring students
- Advising on school choice and university admissions
- Arranging Guardianship in the UK for international students
- Facilitating private tutoring